About Lombard International Group
Lombard International Group is a leading provider of global wealth and succession planning solutions with 30+ years' experience. We have the strength and expertise to help high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals, their families and institutions to protect, preserve and pass on their legacy to future generations.
It is in our nature to constantly innovate! We love what we do, quickly adapt, and we are agile, as well as being committed to serve our partners and clients across the globe with Best in Class wealth solutions and tailored services.
The Group serves over 25 markets across Asia, Europe, Latin America and the United States, providing multi-jurisdictional, unit linked life insurance and annuities on a global basis, with a deep understanding of local regulations, cultures and attitudes.
European assets under administration are of €46.3 billion (as at 31 December 2022). Our global team of almost 600 employees includes more than 60 technical experts specializing in multiple jurisdictions.
Funds managed by Blackstone own Lombard International. Blackstone Group L.P. is one of the world's leading investment firms.
For further information about Lombard International, please visit: www.lombardinternational.com
At Lombard, it is in our nature to innovate!
We love what we do, quickly adapt, and we are agile, to bring out the very best in what we do
Your role - Are you ready for a challenge?
- Provide legal advice to the company in respect of development of solutions and business relationships with clients and partners with a focus on our Nordic markets;
- Draft and negotiate partners agreements, client related documents and any other relevant legal document;
- Develop excellent working relationships with our network of sales consultants, providing them with guidance and support on all legal aspects of the company's client cases;
- Develop daily interactions with the Client Service department, providing them with legal support on complex client related queries;
- Manage complaints and litigation, liaising with external counsels, in order to support the corporate position;
- Legal watch (new laws and regulations relevant to our business) conducting legal research, follow-up on legal and regulatory changes, support internal implementation to ensure the company is well placed to respond to changes;
- Advise management and staff on all legal matters including training;
- Participate in corporate projects and product development;
- Report to the head office management bodies in a timely manner;
- Ensure full compliance with all Group legal and local requirements that are within the scope of the legal function especially defining risks and legal and regulatory requirements
- Direct reporting line to the European Legal Director.
Your profile - Have you got what it takes to become our Legal Counsel?
- Qualified lawyer in Europe (strong preference for Swedish-qualified lawyers)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in life insurance;
- Contract drafting skills and experience in the fields of contractual risks and management of complaints/litigation are a plus;
- Attention to detail and flexibility;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, exercise sound judgment and creativity in finding solutions;
- Fluency in English and Swedish; knowledge of any other language is an asset;
- Holder of a valid work permit for Luxembourg.
We offer you
An exciting opportunity to build a network of contacts across the organization in a collaborative and diverse workplace. At Lombard International we have a diverse team of over 40 nationalities. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Because our people are our greatest assets, you will enjoy recognition and rewarding packages. We also offer you the possibility to shape your professional career in line with your own goals and the opportunity to work with the top talent in the industry. The work can be challenging but Lombard International is always a great place to work. We are committed to extending equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Be a part of our community!
Lombard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Given the sensitive nature of our business, industry sector and the role as described, the selected candidate is required to provide a criminal record (Bulletin n°3 for Luxembourgish residents). This excerpt will be kept by Lombard International Assurance S.A. in compliance with article 8-5 (2) of the law of 23 July 2016 and for no longer than one month from the conclusion of the employment contract; otherwise it will be destroyed without any undue delay should the candidate not be hired.
Should you be interested in pursuing this opportunity, please send your application in full confidence to Lombard International Assurance S.A, https://www.lombardinternational.com/en-US/Careers/Job-Board
Lombard International Assurance is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently.
Our Recruitment privacy notice is in line with GDPR and provides more information with regards to the types of data that we collect and hold on you as a job applicant, including for the performance of Background Checks. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data. For full details please click here Recruitment Privacy Statement