Description About Apex
Apex Group Ltd., is a global financial services provider. With over 80 offices in 38 countries worldwide and more than 10,000 employees, Apex Group delivers an expansive range of services to asset managers, financial institutions, private clients and family offices. The Group has continually improved and evolved its capabilities to offer a single-source solution through establishing the broadest range of services in the industry; including fund services, digital onboarding and bank accounts, depositary, custody, super ManCo services, corporate services including HR and Payroll and a pioneering ESG Ratings and Advisory solution. Apex Group's purpose is to be more than just a financial services provider and is committed to driving positive change to address three core areas; the Environment and Climate Change, Women's Empowerment and Economic Independence, Education and Social Mobility.
Life at Apex isn't just about the work you do, it's about embracing the culture and loving what you do. Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex ensures it rewards loyal and dedicated employees. The international nature of our business and global network of offices means that there are opportunities to broaden your life experiences and take both short-term or permanent relocation options. The Role & Key Responsibilities:
The role is part of the Apex Corporate Solutions team reports to the Head of Operations Corporate Solutions based in Valencia (Spain).
This role acts as an international accountant, supporting other jurisdictions with month end reporting, intercompany, business support, working capital management and assist the Head of Operations Corporate Solutions and other jurisdictions finance teams as required.
- P&L and balance sheet reconciliation, payroll reconciliation, journal entries and intercompany recharge.
- Bookkeeping: journal entries.
- Produce management accounts.
- Supporting the annual budgeting & mid-year reforecasting processes.
- Control: assist with managing working capital, preparation of billing, debtors & creditors control, reviewing WIP (work in progress).
- Accurate and timely month-end close, working to deadlines.
- Assist with filing VAT submissions, tax and social security returns.
- Support Audit requests.
- Support the local team management and other jurisdiction's management with any additional ad hoc requirements and all requested information by set deadlines to drive the business forward
What you will get in return:
- Preferable Accounting, Economics or Business Administration degree.
- 5 years of experience in similar role
- Fluent English knowledge (written & conversational).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience in developing, consolidating, and maintaining finance models will be highly appreciated.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify issues and propose solutions and make decisions.
- Strong communication, influence and interpersonal skills including the ability to set up solid cross-functional partnerships.
- The ability to contribute to the refinement of processes to drive innovation and have a tangible impact on the business.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business.
- Work for a fast developing and world-leading independent financial services provider.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Positive and hospitable work environment.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, on a cross-jurisdictional basis.
Our belief in promoting a healthy work-life balance drives us to support our employees' total well-being, offering comprehensive benefits not limited to:
More about us:
- We offer competitive pay and benefits to employees.
- Health Insurance .
- Working Schedule: August and Fridays reduced hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made based on skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
Click the Apply button and complete the online application process. A member of our fabulous recruiting team will then review your application and follow up with you if you seem like a great fit for this role.